What to buy
- Sliced pork
- Fishball strips
- Snow peas
- Lily bulbs (more info here)
- Celery (optional)
- Chinese cabbage aka bak choy (ribs should be white like this photo not light green like this photo)
How to cook
- Marinate the pork with soy sauce, salt, sugar, white pepper, starch, oil
- Heat up a wok
- Add oil, wait till it’s almost simmering
- Add in some slices of ginger
- When that browns, add in the sliced pork and stir
- When that’s more or less done, add in the fishball strips, snow peas and celery
- After a few minutes, add in the lily bulb petals (peel and clean beforehand if necessary) and chinese cabbage
- Stir fry for a few minutes until the cabbage is done
About the author
Jason Li is a Hong Kong-based cartoonist and designer. He is the author of The House on Horse Mountain, an upcoming graphic novel about a young girl growing up in a bygone Hong Kong of the 1960s, and creator of Add Oil Comics, a social advocacy webcomic. Integrating elements of social science, illustration and social media, his works have been appeared at the Victoria and Albert Museum, Asian Art Museum, on the BBC, and on the radio in Spain.
Follow him on:
Or learn more about him from his personal website.
Let us know if you'd like prints, bags or clothes based on any of the above illustrations.
In the meantime, check out what else is on offer at
our online store.