What to buy
How to cook
- Heat up wok
- Add some oil, wait till it’s hot
- Add in some slices of ginger (you’ll want quite a bit)
- Fry until ginger is brown at the edges
- Add in the stems/thicker bits of Chinese kale
- Pour in some rose essence liquor (or failing that shaoxing rice wine) and sugar
- Cook for a minute or so, then add in the leafy bits
- Pour in some more cooking wine and sugar
- Sprinkle in some salt
- Cook for another minute or so, closing the lid this time
About the author
Jason Li is a Hong Kong-based cartoonist and designer. He is the author of The House on Horse Mountain, an upcoming graphic novel about a young girl growing up in a bygone Hong Kong of the 1960s, and creator of Add Oil Comics, a social advocacy webcomic. Integrating elements of social science, illustration and social media, his works have been appeared at the Victoria and Albert Museum, Asian Art Museum, on the BBC, and on the radio in Spain.
Follow him on:
Or learn more about him from his personal website.
Let us know if you'd like prints, bags or clothes based on any of the above illustrations.
In the meantime, check out what else is on offer at
our online store.