What to buy
How to cook
- Wash the preserved vegetables (to rid it of sand)
- Cut it up into fingernail-sized pieces
- Marinate it with a bit of soy sauce, cooking wine, and sugar for ten minutes
- Marinate the pork with soy sauce, salt, sugar, white pepper, oil, starch
- After adding starch, stir the pork well on a deep plate (must be able to hold some liquid)
- Mix in with preserved vegetables
- Steam for 20+ minutes
About the author
Jason Li is a Hong Kong-based cartoonist and designer. He is the author of The House on Horse Mountain, an upcoming graphic novel about a young girl growing up in a bygone Hong Kong of the 1960s, and creator of Add Oil Comics, a social advocacy webcomic. Integrating elements of social science, illustration and social media, his works have been appeared at the Victoria and Albert Museum, Asian Art Museum, on the BBC, and on the radio in Spain.
Follow him on:
Or learn more about him from his personal website.
Let us know if you'd like prints, bags or clothes based on any of the above illustrations.
In the meantime, check out what else is on offer at
our online store.