What to buy
How to cook
- Marinate the pork with soy sauce, salt, sugar, white pepper, starch, oil
- Cook the rice noodles for 5-10 minutes in boiling water until it’s soft
- Toss into a colander to drain, and run cold tap water over it to cool it
- Heat up a wok
- Add in some oil
- Once up the oil is hot, add in some ginger slices
- Once in the ginger browns on the edges, toss in the pork
- Let sit and stir only occasionally until the pork is mostly cooked
- Then pour in some water (this will become the broth for the noodles)
- Once that boils, add in the greens
- Boil for a few minutes
- Place the noodles into empty bowls
- Ladle in the broth + pork + vegetables
About the author
Jason Li is a Hong Kong-based cartoonist and designer. He is the author of The House on Horse Mountain, an upcoming graphic novel about a young girl growing up in a bygone Hong Kong of the 1960s, and creator of Add Oil Comics, a social advocacy webcomic. Integrating elements of social science, illustration and social media, his works have been appeared at the Victoria and Albert Museum, Asian Art Museum, on the BBC, and on the radio in Spain.
Follow him on:
Or learn more about him from his personal website.
Let us know if you'd like prints, bags or clothes based on any of the above illustrations.
In the meantime, check out what else is on offer at
our online store.